THE COLLEGE RULES
The college has one Girls' hostel. Seats are alloted at the time of admission on the basis of merit. The students seeking hostel accomodation have to fill up a separate hostel admission form which shall have to be submitted to the principal within allotted time. The number of seats in the girls' hostel is 25. The admission and the staying in the hostel is governed by the Jorhat Kendriya Mahavidyalaya hostel rules mentioned below.
1.The boarders must maintain decent, dignified disciplined hostel life inside and outside the hostel and obey the hostel rules.
2.They must abide by the rules and regulations of hostel as may be prescribed to them by the College authority, violations of which will lead to strict disciplinary action amounting to expulsion of the guilty inmates from the hostel leading to consequent expulsion from the College also.
3.All the boarders must abide by the mess-rules prescribed by the mess-committee of the hostel.
4.Boarders are not allowed to arrange any private messing within the hostel nor they are permitted to take meals outside the hostel.
5.Damage caused to hostel property by any boarder is dealt with servere punishment leading even to the expulsion from the hostel as well as from the college.
6.Expulsion from the hostel will cause expulsion from the College also.
7.For hostel rules and other details please visit www.jorhatkendriyamahavidyalaya.edu.in
Admission Fees for Hostel Admission
1.Caution moneyRs. 300/- (Refundable)
2.Admission FeesRs. 400/-
3.Seat rent Rs. 300/- (Per month)Rs. 3600/-
4.Electricity, Medical Per monthRs. 1800/- Rs. 150/- permonth
Total Rs. 6100/-
For UG and HS Classes For Boys
i. White shirt and black formal pants. Low hip pants and jeans will not be allowed
i.White formal salwar kameez and saffron dupatta (short kurtas and laggins will not be allowed).
ii.White chaddar mekhala with saffron designs and saffron blouse.
For Community College
i.Gray shirt and black formal pants. Low hip pants and jeans will not be allowed
i. Gray formal salwar kameez and black dupatta (short kurtas and laggins will not be allowed).
College Office Hours
From 10 AM to 5.00 PM
(on all week days except Saturday and half holiday)
From 10 AM to 1-30 PM on Saturday General Rules for Maintenance of Discipline in the College
1. Various Societies and Associations of the College shall be subjected to such guidance and control as the college administration may prescribe from time to time.
2. Only those Societies or Associations having recognized by the Principal, can avail the facilities of the college premises.
3. Any notice desired to be pasted for circulation by the students anywhere in the college and hostel premises shall require the approval of the principal.
4. Principal's signature over the identity card shall be affixed within 15 days from the date of admission. Students shall keep the identity card with them in the college and in a position to produce it when demanded.
5. Filled up registration form of Council & University should be submitted in the office within the stipulated time as fixed by the College office. No registration form will be received after stipulated time.
6. For a pass certificate from the College, one has to apply one day ahead and for a transfer certificate, he/she has to apply at least two days ahead.
7. Class attendance of a students should not be less than 80%. Discollegiate rule will be strictly adhered to.
8. Attendance below 80% percent will render him/her non-collegiate and he/she will be allowed to sit for the examination only on payment of a fine of Rs. 500/-.
9. Unauthorised absence for more than two days at a stretch will be met with a fine of Rs. 50/- per day. In case of emergency like sudden illness etc. verbal information by parents followed by proper application by the third day is a must.
10. Leave during sessional examination/ seminars/ group discussions etc. will be granted only on medical grounds in which case the student must appear for the sessional examination or seminar that he/she has missed on a date decided by the concerned department.
11. All Societies & Associations of the College shall be subject to guidance & control of the College authority. Only societies recognized by the authority shall have access to the facilities of the College campus.
12. No organization can be formed in the College without the permission of the Principal nor shall any person be allowed to hold meetings in the College without prior permission of the College authority.
Students will be punished for
*Encouraging and participation in ragging of any type.
*Forceable distruption of classes.
*Destruction of College properties.
*Misbehaviour shown towards girls, women, teacher, non-teaching staff, support staff, visitors and the college authority.
*Damage of library books etc.
*Damaging, defacing or devaluating any College property,
*Use of unfair means during examination
*Use of intoxicants.
*Any kind of activities detrimental to the academic atmosphere of the College.
College Identity Card
All the students have to receive their college identity cards at the time of admission, without the identity card no student will be allowed to enter the College and attend classes.
Students need to furnish their fee receipt and the College Identity Card to obtaine the library card. The library offers yearly membership, which is renewed subject to annual clearance. The library card is nontransferable.
Administrative Action in the event of Ragging
The University rules pertaining to the punishment of students found guilty of ragging are as under.
a) The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-ragging Squad.
b) The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments.
i) Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
ii) Withholding/withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
iii) D e b a r r i n g f r o m a p p e a r i n g i n a n y test/examination or other evaluation process.
iv) Withholding results.
iv) Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
v) Cancellation from admission
vi) Restriction from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
vii) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
viii) Fine of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only), or with imprisonment up to six months as per the Assam Prohibition of Ragging Act.1999.
Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment
No mobile phone is allowed in the College campus. Anybody violating the rule will be punished with a fine of Rs. 1000/-
All tobacco containing products are totally banned inside the College campus. The campus of the College has been dedered 'Tobacco Free Zone: A fine of Rs. 1000/- will be charge for use of Tobacco inside the College campus.
No vehicle without prior permission from the principal will be allowed into the College premises. All students using motor cycle/ Scooter must have valid driving licence and helmet.
Rights and Duties of Freshers and their Guardians
The fresher shall after their admission consider the College as their second home behaving in the most humble manner and maintain cordial relationship with the senior students, faculty and staff of the college. The College shall always strive to establish ragging free environment and in case the freshers feel that they are subjected to any form of ragging elaborated above, they should immediately report the matter to any member of the Anti-Ragging Committee, Anti-Ragging Squad, faculty or Staff of the College. The guardians shall co-operate with the authority to redress the grievance and help prevent the occurrence of ragging in the College. The identity of the fresher/ guardian shall be protected and shall not be divulged.
Rights and Duties of Senior Students
The senior students have a special responsibility of welcoming the freshers to the College for upkeeping the image of the College and the educational status of the region. Being a high institute of learning, the senior students are expected to lead by example and pave way for a healthy atmosphere in the College. The senior students have to bear the added responsibility of reporting any incident of ragging that attracts their attention. Their identity shall be protected in such instances.
A systematically organised freshers introduction/ Ice -Breaking session is arranged each year by the students union of the College in order to welcome freshers to the college which maintains the decorum and dignity of the College.
Affidavit by the Student and Guardian
All students and parents/guardian of the college taking fresh admission in the academic session 2015-2016 are to submit 02 (two) copies of duly notarised affidavit signed by the student and his/her parent/guardian along with their admission forms, stating that they have gone through the booklet and the UGC Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Institutions of Higher Education and understood the definitions of ragging and implications of being involved in ragging: that they had never been involved in any act of ragging anywhere; and that they will fight for a ragging free environment in the College
A student who has less then 80% attendance shall not be permitted to sit for the End-semester examinations in the course in which the shortfall exists. Provided that it shall be open to the University to grant exemption to a student who has attended a minimum of 80% classes but failed to obtain the prescribed 80% attendance for valid reason on recommendettion of the Head of the Department on payment of a prescribed fee(s). A student who has attended less then 80% classes will be punished.
College Library & Library Rules
The College has a well furnished reading room for both students and teachers separately. The reading room is also equipped with 10 computers with Internet Connectivity on Open Access basis which facilitates students to expose new horizon of knowledge. The number of books in the library at present is about 11,689 Moreover, the number of subscribed Journals by the library is about 08. The students and teachers can avail the Library facility from 9 AM to 5 PM on all working days.
The college has a Digital Library facility. Students and teachers can access to upload the books and journals in the Digital Library Website from his/her home. For access to the Digital Library one may log in No. 192.168.1.100